If you are looking for the best lift kit for Dodge Ram 2500, this article might be of some help. We have selected top-5 lift and leveling kits for Dodge 2500 that can help you upgrade your truck. But first, let’s find the answers to the most common questions concerning truck lift kits.
What can a lift kit do to my Dodge Ram truck?
Lift kit is not an essential accessory, but it can be helpful in many cases. Basically, a lift kit is used when a body of a vehicle needs to be raised several inches higher than the factory-designed placement. The simplest and most affordable kits offer around 2 inches of lift. But not more than 3 inches (if you need more, you should consider professional installations).
Depending on the type, a lift kit can improve off-road performance of a truck by adding several inches to the ground clearance. Besides, it can improve articulation and give you an opportunity to install larger tires if need be. In addition, raised car body looks rather aggressive, so if that is an effect you are striving for, then you will definitely benefit from installing a lift kit on your Dodge Ram.
So now let’s get down to studying five best lift kits for Dodge trucks (including Ram 2500) found on Amazon.
Top 5 Best Lift Kits for Dodge Ram 2500 in 2023
|#1. Supreme Suspensions||Editor’s Choice |
Read Our Review
|#2. Performance Accessories|| |
Read Our Review
|#3. Rough Country|| |
Read Our Review
|#4. StreetDirtTrack|| |
Read Our Review
|#5. Daystar KC09117BK|| |
Read Our Review
1. Supreme Suspensions – 2.5″ Front Lift Kit – One of the Best Dodge Ram 2500 Lift Kits
Supreme Suspensions spring spacers are designed to give your Dodge Ram 2500 a 2.5-inch front lift to level its front with its rare. These spacers are made of extra durable carbon steel, which makes them suitable for rugged use.
Installation does not require any major alterations, does not require shock replacement and in most cases can be performed by truck owners themselves. It usually takes around 1 to 2 hours. Instructions manual and all essential hardware are supplied along with the spacers.
The main benefits offered by this lift kit is improved the look, and slightly increased ground clearance of a truck.
- Made of carbon steel.
- 5-inch lift.
- The parts are 2.5-inches thick.
2. Performance Accessories (60123) Body Lift Kit for Dodge Ram 2500/3500 – The Best Lift Kit For Dodge Ram 2500 / 3500
This Dodge Ram lift kit provides all the necessary details and accessories to effectively raise the body of your Dodge 3 inches up. It is compatible with all Ram 2500 and 3500 models, regardless of the year of manufacture. The kit includes 36 parts and hardware, so you will not need anything else to perform the assembly. Installation is rather time-consuming an may take up to 9 hours or even more depending on your mechanical skills. As a result, you are guaranteed to get a level 3-inch lift that will not affect the ride, factory geometry, road stability and steerability of a vehicle.
The kit includes durable, high-quality parts manufactured in the USA. This is the ultimate kit, which does not require purchasing any additional components.
Contents of the kit
- reinforced body lift blocks,
- bumper brackets,
- steering extension,
- relocation brackets,
- essential hardware, and other fittings.
3. Rough Country – 343.20 – 3-inch Suspension Leveling Kit w/ Premium N2.0 Shocks – The Best Leveling Kit for Ram 2500
The kit is designed for bolt-on installation, which is quite straightforward, does not require welding and can be done in any garage. It does, however, require certain mechanical skills and special equipment, such as a spring compressor, so it is recommended to have a professional mechanic perform installation and subsequent alignment.
Aside from giving a 3-inch lift, this leveling kit also improves the off-road performance of a Dodge Ram. This is an optimal kit if you want to make your Ram a little more versatile without compromising its on-road stability.
- A kit includes 2 coil springs, 2 lift blocks, 4 u-bolts, 4 shock absorbers, and all essential hardware.
- Gives a 3-inch lift.
- Suitable for Dodge Ram 2500.
4. StreetDirtTrack Fits Dodge Ram 2.5″ Leveling/Lift Kit (PN:110-200-001) – A Premium Quality Dodge 2500 Leveling Kit
These are heavy-duty leveling spacers suitable for Dodge Ram 2500. This kit is designed to improve the stance of a truck and allow for larger diameter tires (buyers report using 35-inches tires with these spacers).
Durability is one of the strongest points of this kit. Steel spacers boast improved heavy-duty hardware and rugged weld to ensure maximal durability and reliability of the parts.
The spacers are relatively easy to install and in most cases do not require any alterations to the suspension mechanism of your Dodge Ram. They give an optimal 2-inch lift, which is safe and effective and will not interfere with the factory ride of your truck.
- Durable 10.9 grade hardware.
- Welded steel.
- 2-inch lift.
5. Daystar, Dodge Ram 1″ Leveling Kit KC09117BK – One of the Best Dodge Ram Suspension Lifts that Does not Affect the Ride Quality
The Daystar leveling kit for Dodge Ram 2500 is made of increased density polyurethane. It raises the front part of a vehicle one inch up to improve a stance and provide space to add up to 22-inch wheels.
This front leveling kit is designed to be installed on top of the stock strut assembly. This type of mount is better for the truck, as compared to the one that requires preloading the coil spring. These spacers will not affect the ride and hauling capacity of your truck. Polyurethane parts are corrosion resistant and eliminate metal-on-metal contact, which might produce unfavorable vibration and noise.
Installation is fairly easy and does not require any changes in other components. Hardware and installation instructions are supplied.
- Made of polyurethane.
- 1-inch lift.
- A set of two front spacers.
How to Find the Best Kit for Dodge Ram 2500: A Concise Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a proper lift kit for your truck is not as easy as it seems. In fact, the more you dig into the subject, the more nuances arise and the harder it gets to make the right decision. What we are going to do here is give you some general advice on how to sort out what is important and will work for you.
What types of lift kits are out there and how can I choose the right one for my Dodge Ram?
The type of system you choose depends on your personal needs, driving style and technical characteristics of your vehicle. Your budget and severity of alterations you are willing to make to your truck are also important factors to consider. Some of the kits, such as coil spring spacers, torsion keys or leveling spacers only add several inches to the body lift allowing you to use larger tires and making your truck look more hard-core. They will not improve off-road performance of your Dodge Ram. Nor will they affect the spring rate or articulation.
If you plan on hitting rough terrain on your Dodge, then you will need a more advanced coil spring and sway bar kit, which also may include such replacement parts as shocks, track bars, and others. Short and long arm lift kits essentially include adjustable control arms. These types of kits are the most expensive ones, but they can offer you the ultimate all-terrain performance.
Will adding a lift kit to my Dodge Ram void the warranty?
Minor alterations to the suspension mechanism, such as adding coil spring spacers, leveling blocks, or torsion keys will not affect its performance and thus will not void the manufacturer warranty.
- Think about the amount of lift you want to achieve. Technically you can raise your truck as high as 6 inches or even more (the biggest lift kit for Dodge Ram 2500 can be as high as 10 inches). The optimal amount of lift depends on your needs. If you just need to level the stance of your vehicle or have an opportunity to add larger tires, a 1.5-2 – inch lift would be sufficient. If you plan on doing some serious off-roading, then you will probably need a greater lift. For instance, you might want to consider a 4-inch lift kit for Dodge Ram 2500 4wd.
- Choose the right type of lift kit. As has been already mentioned in the introduction, there are many different types of lift kits. Some of them can be installed in a home garage in under two hours, while others require professional installation. It is important to remember that the greater lift you want to achieve, the more alterations to the suspension system are required. It is possible to add coil spring spacers to raise a truck a couple of inches, but experts argue that such installations can result in a stiffer ride and decreased wheel travel. Anything that goes up more than 2.5-3 inches requires replacement of coil springs, shocks, and other parts.
- Estimate your budget. Price tags on lift kits and leveling kits vary from under $100 to several thousands of dollars depending on the type. Surely, such a kit is not something you should go cheap on. However, if you have a limited budget, there are several decent options to choose from, such as torsion keys, leveling blocks, or coil spring spacers.